The NBI Clearance
The National Bureau of Investigation (NBI) saw its inception on November 13, 1936 upon approval of Commonwealth Act No. 181 by the legislature. It was the the brainchild of the late President Manuel L. Quezon and Jose Yulo, then Secretary of Justice.
Tasked with organizing a Division of Investigation or DI patterned after the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation were Thomas Dugan, a veteran American police captain from the New York Police Department and Flaviano C. Guerrero, the only Filipino member of the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation.
Applicants aged 16 years and older must have a valid Record Clearance for Travel Abroad Purposes from the National Bureau of Investigation (NBI). Clearances should be in the applicant’s current name, birth certificate name, maiden name and any aliases or nicknames used, including different spellings you have used of those names. For immigration purposes, an NBI clearance is valid for one (1) year from the date it was issued. The NBI web site is http://www.nbi.gov.ph.
Steps to apply for an NBI Clearance
|Step 1: PAYMENT|
Applicant is required to pay the corresponding application fee. For new applicants, an application card will be given upon payment. Fill-up the application card and proceed to the next step. For those with renewal form or a personal copy of clearance certificate, any changes in address and the new purpose shall be indicated thereat. In case of a single woman who got married, the husband's surname shall also be indicated.
|Step 2: DATA CHECK|
The data/information you wrote on the application will be verified if it is legible or correct.
|Step 3: QUICK-SEARCH|
Your name will be checked for any similar name against our Database.
|Step 4: IMAGE CAPTURE|
Whether you are a new or renewal applicant, you will be photographed or your image will be captured.
|Step 5: FINGERPRINTING|
Only new applicants are required to be fingerprinted. Renewal applicants will no longer be fingerprinted and should proceed to the next step.
|Step 6: REGISTRATION|
You will be informed of the schedule of release of your clearance certificate.
|Step 7: RELEASING|
Your clearance certificate will be released in this area.
1. Should you have a namesake in our Database and further verification is needed, you will be referred to the Quality Control Section for personal interview.
2. Upon release of your clearance certificate, you are required to place your right thumb mark on the space provided for.
3. If there are any corrections on your clearance certificate, proceed to Window-10 which is located in the Releasing section.
1. Park Square I, Makati City
2. SM Mega Mall (Bldg. B. Basement), Mandaluyong City
3. Gotesco Grand Central , Monumento Caloocan City
4. Tutuban Center Mall 1, Divisoria
Satellite Office (Metro Manila)
1. Quezon City Hall
2. Muntinlupa City Hall
3. Pasig City Hall
1. NBI-DADO in Dagupan City
2. NBI-OLDO in Olongapo City
3. NBI-PAGDO in Pagadian City
4. NBI-ILDO in Iligan City
5. NBI-DIPDO in Dipolog City
1. NBI-IRO in San Fernando, La Union
2. NBI-CAR in Baguio City
3. NBI-CAVRO in Tuguegarao, Cagayan
4. NBI-BATRO in Batangas City
5. NBI-BRO in Naga City
6. NBI-WEVRO in Iloilo City
7. NBI-CEVRO in Cebu City
8. NBI-NEMRO in Cagayan de Oro City
9. NBI-CEMBO in Cotabato City
10. NBI-WEMRO in Zamboanga City
11. NBI-SEMRO in Davao City
12. NBI-CARAGA in Butuan City