The Philippine Retirement Authority (PRA) and the Commission on Filipinos Overseas (CFO) recently forged a Memorandum of Agreement on the Promotion of the Retirement Program to Filipinos Overseas
Komisyon para sa mga Pilipino sa Ibayong Dagat
As Filipinos going abroad as fiancé(e)s, spouses or other partners of foreign nationals, you are required to attend the CFO's guidance and counseling session in order to secure the Guidance and Counseling Certificate (GCC) and the CFO sticker. You need this certificate to renew or apply for a new passport at the Department of Foreign Affairs (per Department of Foreign Affairs. You will also need to present this certificate together with your spouse/partner visa, at the Immigration office at the international airport on your day of departure.
To attend the seminar, you may proceed to CFO's service provider the St. Mary Euphrasia Foundation-Center for Overseas Workers (SMEF-COW) or at CFO Manila and Cebu Office.
You will have to bring with you the required documents to be accommodated in the counseling seminar. The counseling session runs for a minimum of two hours and is meant to provide you with adequate information regarding inter-marriage and migration, the cultural and social realities abroad as well as available support networks for women in distress, among others.
After you comply with all the requirements and finish the counseling session, you will be given the Certificate of Attendance by SMEF-COW or CFO which you will have to bring along with other pertinent documents, to the CFO, for registration. Once you already have your valid passport and spouse/partner visa, then you have to register with the CFO. You will then be issued the GCC as well as the CFO Sticker.
Requirements for Registration
- Original and photocopy of passport (must be valid about six months before date of travel)
- Original and photocopy of visa
- One (1) 2x2 or passport-size photograph
- One (1) valid identification card with photograph (eg., SSS ID, GSIS E-card, PRC ID, driver's license, postal ID, ARC, etc.)
- Photocopy of Immigrant Data Summary for USA-bound emigrant (must not be detached from visa packet)
- Original and photocopy of Confirmation of Permanent Residence for Canada-bound emigrant (must not be torn or signed before departure)
- Original and photocopy of Certificate of Eligibility for Japan-bound emigrant
- Original and photocopy of Nulla Osta (for Italy-bound emigrants)
- Original and photocopy of letter of approval for Work to Residence visa (for New Zealand-bound emigrants)
- Photocopy of employment contract (for immigrant workers)
- Duly completed registration form for Emigrants (click here) or for Immigrant Workers (click here)
- Payment of P400.00 registration fee
- Attendance in the PDOS, guidance counseling or peer counseling session
For youth emigrants aged 13 to 17, the following additional documents are also required:
- Photocopy of parent's passport or valid identification card, if accompanied by parent/s during registration
- Letter of authorization from parent/s authorizing the guardian to register the child with CFO on their behalf (if accompanied by guardian during registration)
- Original and photocopy of DSWD travel clearance (click here for the new guidelines on issuance of travel clearance)
For children 12 years old and below, the following additional documents are required if the proxy is not the legal/natural/adoptive parent of the registrant.
- Original and photocopy of one(1) of valid identification card with photograph of the proxy
- Special Power of Attorney or notarized authorization letter from the parent/s/ or guardian/s authorizing the proxy to register the minor children (authenticated by Diplomatic Post/ notarized in country where executor is residing).
Please see the official CFO website: www.cfo.gov.ph